So I really should be going to bed right now, because it's back to normal life tomorrow, but oh well. I like talking, and when I don't have anyone to talk to, a blog is the next best thing. I still get to get my thoughts out there, and at least a few of you reply eventually. So our RS presidency was released today... we knew it was coming, of course, because our RS president is getting married in three weeks, but still... You know how some of your presidents you just click with? Well, I'd never met Maricela before she received her calling. In fact, I think she was only in the ward for about two weeks after having returned from her mission when she was given her assignment. One day I needed her, so I called her... and she was there within the hour. Without ever having met me. That's amazing to me. It was a testimony of how much the Lord sends certain people to you at certain times in your life... He knows who you need and what you need, always. I think it was the first time it ever really clicked for me that these sisters, all of us, actually, aren't just thrust into a random calling - we're where we need to be, at the time we need to be there, and there will be certain things that only we can accomplish in that situation at that time.
I was never really close to the rest of the presidency... sad, but it happens, I guess. I'll miss Maricela most, especially since she's getting married and leaving the ward and the other girls are sticking around. I'm really excited for our new presidency though.... Myrna is now president for the second time since our ward has existed... craziness. Myrna's always been one of my favorite people. Her first counselor is Tessa, who's just the sweetest girl ever. That's really all I can say about her, haha. The second counselor is Amy. This makes me so excited!! A year and a half ago I was calling Amy every week when she didn't show up to church, trying to get her to tell me why she wasn't coming, and encouraging her to come. I promised her that we would always sit next to each other so that she didn't feel awkward, and she slowly started coming back. (Not that I was the only one to encourage her to come back over this year and a half, other people were involved too, but at a later point, I think.) I was in the presidency at this time and the stake was all over reactivation efforts, so we did blitzes like once every two months. To see her stand up in sacrament meeting today and bear her testimony and be sustained into the RS presidency was just the greatest feeling. I love her so much! I love them all and I'm excited to see what kinds of changes are coming our way. Normally, I don't like change.... but right now, I'm thrilled. :)
Posted by
Dana
2 comments:
That’s great Dana. I too know that the leaders of our wards are called by our Heavenly Father and have a purpose to fulfill.
I'm glad the singles ward is doing so well! I miss you guys! Relief Society just isn't the same in an "old people" ward.
Post a Comment