So that fantastical season is upon us again... Yes, it's time for assessments. Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids, and I think they're incredibly cute (most of the time) and smart, but I REALLY hate doing their assessments. Something like 170 questions per child every 3 months. Well, I have 17 kids. All mine. That's 17 assessments, which equals about 2, 900 questions. In a week. Now the good thing is, they're actually easier this time for me to do than before. This is because being the only teacher in my room, I'm the only teacher to observe them in activities, so I get to see everything.... whereas previously, my co-teacher would see some, and I would see some, but we had this real issue about communicating when it came time for assessments and info never really traveled between us. So they're probably more accurate now.
**TANGENT ALERT** Why am I the only teacher in my room now, you ask? Well, actually, probably only Kali asks because no one else knows my co-teacher, and I don't even know if you all know that I HAD a co-teacher. Over the summer, our class had really low enrollment, so Bren and I took turns being in the room. Well, then one of the toddler teachers hurt herself slipping on a wet floor and couldn't be in her room at all. I preferred to be in my room, and Bren didn't care where she went, plus she'd been a Todds teacher before, so she switched permanently. It's been an adjustment, but I really like having the room to myself. If something doesn't get done, it's totally on me, but if it's going well, no one else gets to take credit for it. It's been about a month now, if that. And there you have it.
We now return to our regularly scheduled blog. So I was kind of bitter and thinking that I was going to have to bring a bunch of the assessments home to finish, but after today, I have 10 of the 17 done, which is a whopping 58.8 something percent, and not what I expected. I planned on having 8 done by now, so 10 is fantastic. And yes, my life is this boring, that I celebrate finishing my kids' assessments. Oh well. Here's the most recent picture of my class. Aren't they cute? And this is still when I had my co-teacher (obviously.)
And thanks to kindergarten and the fabulous economy, only two of the children in the above picture are still in my class. Isn't that sad? I think so. But I've got some more to keep me busy. :) Okay, this is like the weirdest blog ever... but I don't really care. I'm just impressed that I wrote something at all, haha. Back to the real world... and I'll leave you with this little gem. Spaghetti is ALWAYS better as leftovers. Period. So I'm going to go eat some now. Bye.
Posted by
Dana
3 comments:
What a cute group of kidlets! How fun. Keep up the good work.
Hey DANA!!!! I love that you have a blog! YA for you! It allows me to see what you're up to! Can I just say that I love the picture you have up of yourself! Your hair is really pretty long! Ok- it is way to late to be checking on blogs-but I couldn't help myself! Take care!
LOL!! Thanks for the spaghetti gem! I really miss my Dana. And Kindercare, believe it or not!
Post a Comment