So for those of you who know me, which I pretty much figure is all of you - unless you randomly stumbled onto my blog and thought you might learn something useful from it, in which case I'll save you the time and tell you now that you won't - you know that I get sick. A lot. Like about once a month. Well, I spent Thanksgiving and some of the day after with my parents, and my mom was sick. Now with my lovely tonsils, a simple cold turns into tonsillitis, every time. So for the net couple days, I hoped that I wouldn't get it, but of course I did. As an experiment, hoping it would prevent a cold from developing into something further, I started gargling with salt water daily, morning and night. I was sharing with my dad in the car today that I had a renewed hatred for salt water, and he replied that yes, he'd swallowed quite a bit in the ocean in his youth and didn't like it much either. We then debated which was worse, and settled on the ocean water. One, because who knows how much sand is mixed into that stuff. Blechhh. And two.... kelp. Who wants to gargle with salt water, sand. and kelp? No one. (If you do, I suggest you go to a licensed professional... they can help you!!) So I suppose I should be grateful that it's ONLY salt in my water. And so far.... no tonsillitis. Yay!!
This has been kind of a simple week, so I don't have much to blog about. I was proud of myself today - I had to go grocery shopping and I set myself a budget of $50. I wrote down what I needed and what I thought it would cost me before setting foot in the store. Then as I walked around, I kept track of how much I was putting in my cart, dollar-wise. When I checked out.... only $42.85. Yay for managing to stick to a budget.
It seems like Christmas is just coming on too fast this year... I was't ready for Thanksgiving either, and I haven't been able to get myself to decorate for Christmas. Maybe becausse I'm the only one who'll see it, maybe just because something in my brain has decided it's not time yet. Well, this is my only Saturday. I have a baby shower next week, a wedding the week after next, and two weddings the week after that! Crazy. So we'll see if anything festive appeasrs in my home at all this year. If anyone has a magic 8 ball, check it out for me, okay? I'm betting on "All signs point to no." I hope everyone's doing well. Enjoy the Christmas season! I hope you're more ready for it than I am!
Posted by
Dana
3 comments:
You are so funny, Dana! I especially loved the "(If you do, I suggest you go to a licensed professional... they can help you!!)" I miss you!! Hopefully, I can come over Friday!
Glad you didnt get tonsillitis... salt water makes me vomit!
Way to stick to a budget!
You gotta decorate even if you are the only one who sees it!
Hey, did you end up getting tonsillitis or something? You haven't blogged in months! I'm waiting for your next post... ;)
Post a Comment