Fantastically Flawed

because let's be honest - no one's perfect.

Until today! I was walking home, as I often do, and I noticed that the apartment complex before mine has about 10 varieties of what I assume are poisonous mushrooms growing on their grass. I wanted to get a better look at one variety, so I stepped closer and saw a bunch of ragged holes and 3 or 4 slugs chillin on the mushrooms. Isn't that exciting? Hahaha...

I've been thinking for a while about updating my blog, but I just don't seem to get around to it. I know it's been a really long time, so I probably have a lot to catch you all up on... Let's see... what have I been up to since then? Well, a lot!

December -- I have a roommate now... she got married at the end of December, but her husband is in the navy and he had to go away right after they got married. So she's here for now. Christmas was good... just stayed home with the parents. :)

January -- I started a new class online at Delta - I'm not really "going back to school," just taking a class in addition to my work. It's only one class - it's an infant-todd class so I'll be qualified to be alone with the babies if necessary. It's going well so far - I got 50/50 on my paper, which was a great thing, since I haven't had to write a paper for over 3 years!!

February -- Still working at KinderCare - I won a service award at our regional training last week, so that was cool. I've been there for over three and a half years now, and it was the first award I've ever won. I'm trying to make a whole bunch of improvements in my classroom... I'm making sure it is MY classroom now, and not still shared between Bren and I. I went to Cindy's baby shower a couple weeks ago with Tabby. That was fun. It feels like Cindy's been gone from the center forever already and she hasn't even had the baby yet!! I think that's the big stuff, at least.



I'm sooooo ready for March - I'm going to take my annual trip to Seattle to visit my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. This will be the third St. Patrick's Day I've spent in Seattle. It's always fun, and it'll be a much-needed break. I love my kids, but I need a break from them every now and then. (They need one from me too!!) I don't really know what else to say - I know it's been a while, but things that seem important when they happen kind of lose their importance after some time. I'll try not to go that long again without a blog. Bye!

1 comments:

So Dana- where are the pictures of your new place????

About Me

I'm revamping the blog - I don't know what it will turn into, nor do I promise to post regularly AT ALL. But we'll see what happens.

Quotes I Love

If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?

We are either progressing or retrograding all the while. There is no such thing as remaining stationary in this life.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.