So today was one of THOSE days. You know the ones... They start out so innocently, and you think to yourself, "Hey, this is going to be a good day." But then they attack. There's no creeping up on you - one minute it's a great day, the next you want to kill yourself. I actually haven't had many of them lately, so I thought I'd be okay... I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security. If I'd only known...
I actually got to be in my room today, instead of the Todds and wherever else. Bren and I switch off b/c we only have a few kids who show up every day. Everything was going well until I found out I had to take my kids over to nap in Pre1. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I have massive issues with Pre1 or anything, but our kids napping together just doesn't work out so well. They have to move out of their normal sleeping spots, and be supervised by a different teacher.... it's just messy.So I'm trying to get one of my kids to sleep when one of their kids sharts getting all loud and trying to play with toys and whatever, so I have to go over and sit with him... forget my kids, they lay mostly quietly, so they come last. Nice guy finishes last. huh? I have to shush another child while I sit there with the one, and as an act of rebellion, this child chooses to pee his pants on his bed. Yeah, that didn't go over so well with me. But then all the other kids just HAD to go to the bathroom, and who was I to tell them no... besides the fact that I didn't want to clean up any more accidents. Eventually Sheila came back and I went to lunch and took a walk (more asbout that in the next post) to calm down. As I walked back into the building, one of my best friends was walking out and said, "My mom just had a heart attack." Well, what do you say to that? I stood there stunned for a moment and she walked outside. I sat down in the office to wait for her to come back, but she didn't want to talk (understandably) and was getting ready to leave to go either home or to the hospital. On her way out, I gave her a hug (which is a big deal, because I'm not a touchy feely person.) She said sometihng along the lines of, "Wow, you must really feel bad if you're giving me a hug." I told her of course I was worried about her and to let me know if she needed anything. Nothing so far, but I didn't really expect her to call. The final fun moment of the day came when a two year-old visiting my room squatted and peed in my cars and blocks area. Yeah, you read that right. Didn't say he needed to go potty, didn't walk towards the toilet, just went right there. Fantastic.
The rest of the day was uneventful, and I went shopping for girls night after work with Tabby... woohoo I'm excited!! Even though the food cost more than it was supposed to. Oh well. It happens sometimes. I got to see two little girls there who used to be in my PreK class... they're so grown up I can't believe it!! One mom was embarrassed because she couldn't remember my name and she was trying to get her daughter to remember but she didn't know either. It was funny. But I got lots of hugs today, and that always helps a bad day get better. That's all I have to say about today. I'm done now. Buh-bye.
Posted by
Dana
1 comments:
Dana I don't know how you do it. I love kids but I could never deal with all that. ESPECIALLY IN ONE DAY! You are my idol!
Post a Comment