Fantastically Flawed

because let's be honest - no one's perfect.

So I felt like I needed to work on my eating at home.  I do usually eat at home - I don't go out too often - but I just get so lazy about making things that I often either eat something with no nutritional value or don't eat at all.  Yes, I know that's bad.  Anyhow, I sat down last week armed with a massive cookbook that I got for Christmas (it was on my list) and looked for things I wanted to try.  I planned a menu, believe it or not, for 3 entire weeks of lunches and dinners. It's not as much as it sounds like though - someone has to eat the leftovers!  Tonight was the first night of my menu, and the first scheduled meal that I had never made before.

How did it go? Well.... not as well as I would have liked.  I decided to make "Cheesy Penne with Sausage and Peppers."


Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like fat in my food - I think it's disgusting. I guess I thought I was getting low-fat sausage? Haha yeah, so NOT a fan of the sausage in here.. not eating it.  The peppers are actually pretty good though - I might consider mixing them into another pasta dish in the future. It's not super cheesy because the cheese comes from a can of campbell's cheddar cheese soup, but I like that it's a mild flavor. I'm not super looking forward to the leftovers, but I'm not too concerned either. I might just eat around the sausage and I think it will be reasonably enjoyable.

I'm also having strawberries and some lemonade. Yay. :) Adios for now!

0 comments:

About Me

I'm revamping the blog - I don't know what it will turn into, nor do I promise to post regularly AT ALL. But we'll see what happens.

Quotes I Love

If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?

We are either progressing or retrograding all the while. There is no such thing as remaining stationary in this life.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.