Fantastically Flawed

because let's be honest - no one's perfect.

Sadly, no. I've gone through a partial day without it, but not an entire day. I can easily go an entire day without talking on it or texting though, if that's what this question is asking. Does it count if it's in your presence but you don't actually use it?

I am ridiculously attached to my phone. When our company introduced the "either don't bring your cell phone in the building or turn it over to management when you walk in" policy, I couldn't believe it. Dismayed is not a strong enough word to express how I felt about this. You can use a thesaurus if you'd like to come up with another word for me... I appreciate them (thesauri, that is), but I'm not THAT concerned about finding a more fitting word at the moment. Anyhow, the policy has been since modified, but I've actually gotten so used to not having it with me that I just leave it at home now. If I lived farther away, that wouldn't be an option, but I can handle a <5 minute walk to reach my phone. I guess it's good that this policy was indeed put into place, because it loosened my ridiculous attachment at least a little.

How about you? Can you go without your phone?

2 comments:

Well, since I now use my phone at breaks and lunch, I need it weekdays. When I'm not working, I can happily leave it in my purse (in the car) for days.

I can't. I am attached. BUT, the iphone is incredible, i listen to music while I'm on work. Directions, games, weather, facebook, etc. Someeeetimes, I will turn it off during class or on days off - but mostly because i love to see all the texts come in when I turn it back on.

hhaha. and yes. Thank you for updating - I get bored being a blog staulker.

xoxo

About Me

I'm revamping the blog - I don't know what it will turn into, nor do I promise to post regularly AT ALL. But we'll see what happens.

Quotes I Love

If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?

We are either progressing or retrograding all the while. There is no such thing as remaining stationary in this life.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.