I'm of the opinion that titles are overrated. That's probably because I spent way too long trying to think of something clever and failed miserably. Ah, well. It's the thought that counts, right? You can just trust that I thought about it, really, I did. A lot. Still nothing.
I've decided that everyone needs a chance to be introduced to my new favorite musician, Ms. Mindy Gledhill. No, I don't mean a personal introduction. You should probably ask someone who's actually met her in person. :) I love her voice, I love the songs, and the lyrics say things I didn't know how to put into words... pretty much everything about her music is amazing. I don't think she's left my iTunes rotation for a couple months, and that's uncommon for me!
Anyway... My first exposure to Mindy's music was a good old EFY cd. I love those things, seriously. More recently, I've had an opportunity to appreciate her more recent work. Without going into details (we'll save that for another blog), I've been focusing a lot these past few months on change that I foresaw coming in my life. I don't do change well, at all. I had a very hard time facing the decision making process, but it was during this time that I really fell in love with Mindy's most recent cd, Feather In The Wind. More than one of the songs had the exact words that I needed to hear at the moment. My favorites, if you're curious, are Falling and Flying & the title track, Feather In The Wind.
Over the past few weeks, I've had moments where I've felt a need to share the entire album or just specific songs going through hard times of their own. A couple reactions: "I can't stop listening. It's exactly how I feel," and "Thoughts I needed tonight." I don't think I've found anyone who doesn't appreciate the fabulous musical stylings of Ms. Gledhill. :)
And besides the obvious talent is the person Mindy seems to be. No, I don't claim to know her, or to know everything about her, (that'd be kind of creepy, actually,) but... I follow other musicians on twitter, or read their updates on facebook, and no one is quite as real life as Mindy. It's refreshing. For a good read, check out her blog, and be aware that comments are appreciated. (Like on MY blog, ahem.) I guarantee she reads them, as she responds to them and occasionally mentions a few names of posters in her blog entries. Okay... I think I've done my job - I found good music, and I've shared it with the people who matter to me... now it's up to you! :)
Comments? Questions? Write away.
I've decided that everyone needs a chance to be introduced to my new favorite musician, Ms. Mindy Gledhill. No, I don't mean a personal introduction. You should probably ask someone who's actually met her in person. :) I love her voice, I love the songs, and the lyrics say things I didn't know how to put into words... pretty much everything about her music is amazing. I don't think she's left my iTunes rotation for a couple months, and that's uncommon for me!
Anyway... My first exposure to Mindy's music was a good old EFY cd. I love those things, seriously. More recently, I've had an opportunity to appreciate her more recent work. Without going into details (we'll save that for another blog), I've been focusing a lot these past few months on change that I foresaw coming in my life. I don't do change well, at all. I had a very hard time facing the decision making process, but it was during this time that I really fell in love with Mindy's most recent cd, Feather In The Wind. More than one of the songs had the exact words that I needed to hear at the moment. My favorites, if you're curious, are Falling and Flying & the title track, Feather In The Wind.
Over the past few weeks, I've had moments where I've felt a need to share the entire album or just specific songs going through hard times of their own. A couple reactions: "I can't stop listening. It's exactly how I feel," and "Thoughts I needed tonight." I don't think I've found anyone who doesn't appreciate the fabulous musical stylings of Ms. Gledhill. :)
And besides the obvious talent is the person Mindy seems to be. No, I don't claim to know her, or to know everything about her, (that'd be kind of creepy, actually,) but... I follow other musicians on twitter, or read their updates on facebook, and no one is quite as real life as Mindy. It's refreshing. For a good read, check out her blog, and be aware that comments are appreciated. (Like on MY blog, ahem.) I guarantee she reads them, as she responds to them and occasionally mentions a few names of posters in her blog entries. Okay... I think I've done my job - I found good music, and I've shared it with the people who matter to me... now it's up to you! :)
Comments? Questions? Write away.
5 comments:
Wow! Thanks for the awesome post Dana!
Dana, I agree! Thanks for reminding me. Her music really helped me out a while back. I think I need to hear this new CD. Thanks Mindy! Cute Blog
I've been in love with her music since I saw her in Rexburg with Kenneth Cope back in 2003. There are so many songs of hers that have helped me at different times...
I just bought the two songs that you recommended on itunes. Listening to Falling and Flying right now. I love the sound! Beautiful voice!!!
Great post. And oh, my goodness Mindy left you a comment! Awesome!
Post a Comment