Fantastically Flawed

because let's be honest - no one's perfect.

So today was the first day in a training program I'm doing through Nike - yay for buying the sensor and discovering that this is online for free! It's a 12 week program that starts you off just walking or walking for a few minutes, running for one, and then finishing walking - and ends with you able to run for 30 minutes straight. I can't even fathom that right now. So we'll see. With the whole "about to get dark earlier" thing, I might have to switch my walks/runs to the morning, but we'll see what happens. I would love to be able to run at all! Right now, I'm not in that shape. I also bought a fabulous scale that actually tells me pleasant things about my body, so yay for that too.

On a less happy note, we had to put down our 14.5 year old Siberian Husky this weekend. :( It needed to happen, and I'm happy that she's not in pain any longer, but it still really stinks. I was kinda emo all weekend, and this morning at work too - but when you have a bunch of four year-olds clamoring for your attention, you forget about yourself and your problems outside of work pretty quickly.

And.... I'm done! :)

1 comments:

YAY Dana! Maybe one day (ONE DAY) we can run a 1/2 marathon together (1/2). That's all the ambition I have.

And I'm sad about your husky. Let me know if you need to talk.

About Me

I'm revamping the blog - I don't know what it will turn into, nor do I promise to post regularly AT ALL. But we'll see what happens.

Quotes I Love

If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?

We are either progressing or retrograding all the while. There is no such thing as remaining stationary in this life.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.